Monday, November 5, 2012

Wine & Laughing

I am slowly, but surely, completing some items on my 1001 list.

This past weekend was my sister's bachelorette party. My youngest sister and I had planned it via Skype because I was overseas at the time, and I was glad to see it all come to fruition. We planned a party that we thought my sister would enjoy with things that she was interested in. It just so happened that some of the things we planned were also on my 1001 list.

Wine Tasting
The first thing we did was go wine tasting at a winery in Indianapolis. It was really cool, only $5 for 7 different wines and a short tour. Let's be honest, we only really cared about the wine tasting. At the beginning, the guy gave us this sheet of paper with seven different "barrels" listed with two options for each barrel. He asked us to circle one for each barrel, indicating which of the two we wanted to try. Some of the wines were really good, and I even bought a bottle there. I reaffirmed that I like sweet wines and not dry ones, preferring white or blush wines over red wines. We also tried warm mulled wine which was... different. One of my sister's friends liked it so much that I just gave her the rest of mine. Thanks, but no thanks. The only thing that I wished was that the guy would have slowed down in explaining the things about the wine and giving us more time to taste each one before moving to the next. He went REALLY fast and we were practically drinking the wine like shots.... but it was only $5 so I guess I can't complain that much.

Live Comedy Club
This is the second thing on my 1001 that I accomplished this night. It was also something that we planned for the party, so after we all ate dinner at one of my sister's favorite restaurants, a limo picked us up and took us to the comedy club. We got seated at the front of the room (really cool, considering the room was really packed and we got there about 15 minutes before it started). There were three comedians - the host, a guest, and then the headliner. The guest comedian was really funny, I think her name was Amber Preston. I was dying laughing at all of her jokes. The headliner was Gary Gulman. He was also super funny, at one point tears were rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. I really enjoyed the experience there and I would go back to a comedy club another time, for sure.

------------------------
Javier and I are still adjusting to life here in the USA. We went today to get his Social Security card but he wasn't in the system yet so now it can take up to thirty days for immigration to verify his legal status here. I really hate how circular government systems are here. I tried to change my address at the bank today but they would not let me change it without a current ID, but then the BMV requires an updated address from the bank... uhhh? Luckily I read that they will allow someone that I'm living with to sign for me at the BMV, so on Wednesday my father will take me. Such a pain in my butt, honestly. Really frustrating.
------
Planning the wedding is still going, too. Waiting on our save the dates to come in the mail and waiting for the lady to call us back about our ceremony site. I really hate that people take forever on things. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment